Yakan Face Mask
Honor their story of resilience, dedication and inspiring optimism with these handwoven reusable face masks for general wear. At the onset of the pandemic, our Yakan weavers in Zamboanga City trusted us when we encouraged them to sew masks using materials they had on-hand to pursue their livelihood. Our patron purchased the first 500 masks they made and that motivated them to continuously improve the product. This third version is now available globally.
- Handmade in Zamboanga City by our Yakan weavers
- Buy 2, get 30% off on your the 2nd item upon checkout
- Adult size (5.5"H x 8.5" W)
- Three ply made with handwoven Yakan fabric, a lining and a filter pocket
- Variants are named after traditional patterns inspired by nature and sacred geometry. Bunga Sama (diamonds), Dawen-Dawen (leaves), Inalaman, Sumping (flower), Sinaluan (bamboo), Sawe-Sawe (snake like), Saputangan (interplay of patterns symbolizing wealth and a bountiful harvest)
- Hand wash and iron on low heat if required
Due to the handmade nature of our products, there may be slight variations in color, pattern, shape, size and/or craftsmanship. The overall aesthetic of the product and its ability for use as intended remains the same.